One of the greatest disease (in my opinion) is emotional sickness. Emotional sickness is a state in which an individual harbors ill feelings towards another. It reveals itself as bitterness, hate, anger, maliciousness and envy. These brings an accumulation of toxins in the body. It leads to peptic ulcers, diabetes etc.
A great way to move out of this self destructive lifestyle is to
- Recognize you are emotionally ill. You must accept your state or else nothing can be done to improve it.
- Identify the source of the hate, bitterness, anger etc
- Think about what can be done. Do you need to forgive someone? Do you need to ask for forgiveness from someone you have hurt? Do you need to avoid some places or certain activities?
- Talk. Talking helps release your accumulated emotions. It helps to heal you. Bottling it up, does no good. Find someone you can trust. A psychologist, a counsellor, a trusted friend, a parent. If you don’t find someone in that trust category, you can journal your thoughts. Release the dark parts of you.
- Pray about it. You’ll be surprised, how much telling God about it can heal you.
When you are finally free from your piles of accumulated emotional disorder, then you should help other people. It helps you to keep focus, not to fall back into this lifestyle and it gives hope to others stuck in the same.
© Deborah Glover, 2016
The prompt for today is “accumulate”. Thanks Linda G. Hill for the lovely prompt. I had to keep checking my mail inbox for the prompt, and yes I understand that life does happen.
Until next time,
Happy weekend y’all!