In your arms
Your embrace completes me
I remember the beautiful times
When you had me under your thumb
I couldn’t tell you off
I couldn’t let you go
The embers burned bright
Filling our heart to the brim
Joy and full ecstasy
Brought us closer
More than we ever hoped for
More than all we wanted
Now I fondly remember
When you stand akimbo
Rebuking me for selling out
I was so numb
All the blood rushed
Away from my limbs
Now I know
You only wanted what was best
For you and I
© Deborah Glover, 2016
Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “mb.” Find a word that has those two letters in it, in that order, and base your post on it. Have fun!
Sincerely, I must say Linda Hill got me on my toes on this one. This is the first poetry I have written without editing.
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
Stream of Consciousness Saturday hosted by Linda G. Hill
Don’t hesitate to join us, jump right in.